Valve Maintenance & Assessment Program
A valve maintenance program will add to the service life of your valves.
R&M Service Solution’s program provides you with the flexibility to plan for and schedule system repairs / improvements to better meets your needs and utilize your resources.
R&M’s Valve Maintenance and Assessment program complies with AWWA standards and can be tailored to meet any specific requirements of your Utility.
R&M’s Program Includes:
- Locate valve
- Raise valve box to grade
- Align valve box (if outside of pavement)
- Clean valve box
- Operate the valve – two complete cycles
- Obtain GPS coordinates of hydrant and isolation valve
- Paint valve box lid
- Document pertinent data
> Location, type, size, open direction, number of turns and deficiencies
- Present information in a user-friendly format
- Report malfunctioning or closed valves immediately
- GPS valve location – sub-foot or sub meter
- Installation of valve I.D. tag
- Leak sounding at each valve location
- Post Processing of GPS data